Tamur Goudarzi Pour CCO Swiss International Airlines – Generative AI, modern airline retailing, and NDC
New distribution capability (NDC) and the the modernisation of airline distribution has been heavily discussed with recent developments in the landscape. This 10-minute interview with Tamur Goudarzi Pour, the Swiss International Airlines CCO covers multiple dimensions of modern airline retailing, including but not limited to, NDC penetration, offers and orders, and generative AI.
The first half of the conversation is focused around a broader discussion of airline retail strategy, looking at the Lufthansa Group’s ambitions, exploring NDC penetration on the corporate side, and addressing IATA’s involvement with offers and orders. The second half hones in on the use of technology from payments and generative AI, to the continued momentum towards digitalisation.
To learn more, Tamur will be speaking in person at this year’s World Aviation Festival taking place in Lisbon from 26-28th September.
- How would you define modern airline retailing? What are you doing at Lufthansa Group to expand this?
- How do we get more NDC penetration on the corporate side?
- What’s the next phase for Lufthansa’s pioneering distribution strategy?
- Could you tell me about the development of offers and orders consortium that IATA formed?
- As payments become more intertwined, how do you foresee FinTech playing a part in modern airline retailing?
- What do you think of the potential of technology like generative AI within airline retailing?
- How do you see the future of travel emerging?
Article by Jess Brownlow