DOH spearheads global collaboration effort leveraging the power of data
Appreciating the the dual importance of cooperation and data in elevating airports worldwide, Hamad International Airport (DOH) has spearheaded a global collaboration effort among top airports, resulting in the creation of the Smart Data Hub (SDH) handbook. This has been produced under the patronage of Airport Council International (ACI) and the stewardship of ACI’s World Airports IT Standing Committee (WAITSC).
The handbook seeks to leverage the power of data for the industry, offering a roadmap for the airport industry and its stakeholders to connect, share data, and make informed decisions. For the publication, DOH provided the global initiative key elements of its own data strategy including the Data Maturity Framework and facilitated the inclusion of valuable insights, best practice and experience of a broad community of data leaders from major airports across North America, Europe, Africa & Asia.
Suhail Kadri, Senior Vice President of Technology and Innovation, Hamad International Airport said:
“We are proud to have played a leading role in fostering collaboration among prominent airports worldwide to create the Smart Data Hub handbook. This initiative represents our commitment to advancing the capabilities of the airport community in harnessing the value of their data. By sharing insights, experiences and best practices, we aim to drive innovation and enhance operational efficiency across the industry. The Smart Data Hub provides a roadmap for airports to connect, collaborate and make data-driven decisions – ultimately delivering exceptional airport experiences for all passengers.”
The press release outlines the key benefits of adopting a Smart Data Hub as:
- Enhanced Connectivity: The Smart Data Hub enables seamless data integration among all airport stakeholders, empowering them to collaborate and drive operational improvements.
- Flexibility and Scalability: Designed to meet the evolving needs of airports, the Smart Data Hub is adaptable and scalable, ensuring its continued effectiveness as data requirements expand.
- Actionable Insights: By leveraging the Smart Data Hub, airports can derive meaningful insights into airport performance and key drivers, enabling data-driven decision-making.
- Data Maturity Assessment: The whitepaper includes a data maturity self-assessment tool, helping airports gauge their progress in becoming data pioneers and identifying areas for improvement.
DOH sits at the forefront of airport innovation, leveraging technology to evolve and excel. Last year, the airport combined data-analytics, AI, and 3D modelling techniques to become one of the few airports in the world to develop a functioning digital twin. With a focus on worldwide collaboration, DOH’s leading role in creating the SDH handbook demonstrates the airport’s commitment to advancing the capability of the industry globally.
For more like this see:
- A summary of the Evolution of Airports report
- The future era of technology-driven smart airports
- Tara Mulrooney, Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Innovation at Edmonton International Airport – “The airport’s complex digital backbone.”