Interview with Kenny Chang, EVP & CMO, Korean Air – Marketing, culture, and technology
At Aviation Festival Asia 28th Feb – 1 March 2023, Kenny Chang joined for an interview exploring marketing, culture, and technology looking at both Korean Air and the industry more broadly.
During the interview, the CMO described how Korean Air embraces global awareness of South Korean culture to grow their brand internationally. This strategy led to Korean Air and YG Entertainment (YG) signing an agreement earlier this month, working symbiotically to promote Korean culture globally. Read more here. Within this interview, Kenny Chang explains how the airline harnesses the global popularity of K culture and the nuances of leveraging this to target across generations internationally.
The conversation also looks towards technology, discussing cloud and generative AI. Here, the CMO & EVP explores operations optimisation, customer experience, agility, and more.
- How are you embracing global awareness of South Korean culture to grow your brand internationally?
- In what ways do you tailor your marketing to engage with the younger generations?
- Can you describe how you are optimising operations and improving the customer experience through the use of cloud?
- Where do you see generative AI like ChatGPT making the biggest difference in the industry? How can it be used and to what end?
- How do you capitalise on the agility that a digital marketing strategy can offer?
Article by Jess Brownlow