Responding to their research showing 40 per cent of customers would be interested in luggage collection, delivery, and door-to-door service, easyJet has collaborated with Airportr to enhance passenger convenience.
The British LCC will initially offer three services for customers at London Gatwick and Geneva airports, becoming the first airline to include the service in a bundle fare.
- Departure: customers flying from London Gatwick or Geneva can now check in their bags from a designated pick-up point like your home office or hotel, which will be collected by an accredited driver and then collected from the baggage belt on arrival at their destination.
- Arrival: Customers arriving into Geneva from any easyJet airport can book for a delivery of their bags to their final destination, like their home or hotel.
- Door-to-door: customers flying from London Gatwick to Geneva can book a door-to-door service – a totally seamless luggage experience that means customers can check in their bags from home and sees them delivered to their final destination.
Sophie Dekkers, Chief Commercial Officer at easyJet, said:
“We are always looking at how we can innovate with the products and services we offer to ensure we are providing more of the choices our customers want, so we are excited to be introducing Airportr’s services initially from London Gatwick and Geneva, to help make travel even easier for our customers, whether they are flying for business or leisure.”
The announcement comes just weeks after IATA’s latest Global Passenger Survey (GPS) highlighted passenger desire for a more streamlined airport process, with 67 per cent of respondents interested in home pick-up and delivery. As the industry strives to meet traveller’s expectations, more flexibility during the airport experience will be crucial.
For more like this see:
- Key takeaways from IATA’s 2023 Global Passenger Survey (GPS)
- Is this summer’s baggage crisis an innovation opportunity?
- Twelve takeaways from SITA’s 2023 Passenger IT Insights report